If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Woodbank Canal

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

The good old days - I used to catch well at the back of the MEB & TI Steel works (

There used to be a half sunken barge on the ti steel side oppersit the meb (now homeserve) (part of the barge is still there). Used to be a hot pegs for the tench under the the barge . Some good bags still come out on the extention to were the power station used to be
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

Fished a match on the back of Chasewater by the outlet pegged on the grid had 27lb 10oz never picked up a penny.All bloody jacks and they didnt count.

That'll teach you to fish the worm :D

Certainly a day to remember Image

I used to fish the matches down there, park down the track on the bridge on Wharf Lane. The guy who used to do a angling article in the Walsall Observer used to run them.
Reg was his name - he held a load of records in the Guinness Book of records
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

There used to be a half sunken barge on the ti steel side oppersit the meb (now homeserve) (part of the barge is still there).

There used to be few sunk uns running down to Key's boat yard.

I've had some big billies off the bush half way down on the lob
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

now adays i prefer to the right of the free trades and left of the (as was)swan. Theres a large wide grass are behind the pegs so the any bikes, walkers etc don't need to come any were near you plus you can comfortably have 16m of pole out behind you with out it tapping on some ones living room window
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

Can't place you ME - got a map link?
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

tk drive down to the free trades put and past it to the bridge and park up there. You cant drive any further. With the pub on you left go down on the canal to the right and its a few yards along there. i will look for a pic. The tench and carp along there are cracking. Ive had 80 lb nets of tench out on corn from there pleasure fishing
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

You on about the Freetrade Wood Lane in Pelsall?
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

yes its down the bottom of wood lane
Image Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

goow on tell me i owe you a fiver Image
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

:D :D :D

I daint even have to dangle a size 14 :D

You winding me up Image

If not how often do you go down there Image

I know last year there were a few 80-100lb bags of tench caught down there - I was led to believe it was Simon Nicklessand his dad ......was it you Image

I'd certainly like to see a pickie or two - Tony Keeling from AM would welcome them too

For any other interested readers ME is on about the Wyrley & Essington Canal controlled by Cashmores AC that runs from The Fingerpost Norton lane down to Freeths Bridge at the back of Fishley (101 pegs 20 yards apart - i know because me, Heinzer and KOD cut em out last summer)
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by MGB »

In fact we demo'd a lot of it and half the bricks from the house ended in the cut there - we used to stack em on the bridge and then push em all off........pity any boats trying to navigate the cut then. Hope MGB dont see this  

I could be going off you, TK !!!!
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

we only go down ther ever now and then and have do for years. I know a few blokes who go down there on that grassed area. I know and have seen big nets of rudd and roach come out of there.
If that is your patch Hot summers day is a good time to collect the pennies ;)

I don't now simon nickles but i know a few people who have had over 80lb bags out of that section. I got snaped on .21 power line down there off a carp Image. If i go down there this summer i will get you some pics of any decent nets Image.

the othe good place is the black bridge but kids on motor bike can be a pain there .

the other place is wyrley grove bridge off wyrley lane
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

Want a few season permits to sell too ME on those barmy summer days ;)

A carp of 23lb came out by the junction with the extension in April last year....... I've also spotted a few double figure jobies whilst walking the banks with Heinzer & KOD

By the way, Wyrley Grove bridge (the Extension) is controlled by Harrisons in Great Wyrley

Season tickets for either are available via me, TK for £5
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

I could be going off you, TK !!!!

That was in my misguided young teens MGB :-[ - when that section of cut never saw a boat.

Well I never ever saw one when I was a kid down there
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

tk i will pas the word about around work about the permits as i know a few use the free trades section and let you know. How about having a word in fisherman of england to sell some permits for you??????? i could speak to them aswell if you like next time i go in
Image Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by MGB »

Glad to know you have grown up to be such a well rounded adult human being TK, and not an ASBO in sight  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

tk i will pas the word about around work about the permits as i know a few use the free trades section and let you know. How about having a word in fisherman of england to sell some permits for you???????  i could speak  to them aswell if you like next time i go in

Cheers if you will do ME Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by frank »

tk is that the pub (NORTON rd) on the bridge where that bloke got topped a few months ago
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by TK »

Yep Frank - mind it was probably getting on for about 3 years ago now - the time flies Image
From that pub (now done up and renamed as the Fingerpost) down to the back of Fishley heading for Lower farm
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodbank Canal

Unread post by me »

and the safe was recovered out of that stretch as well Image. imagine hooking that Image Image Image Image
Image Image