If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

willesley lake

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

willesley lake

Unread post by craftytafty »

Does anyone know if they have been running any opens on Willesley Lake this winter.
Jelfish
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Re: willesley lake

Unread post by Jelfish »

Open Matches every fortnight, alternating with Teams of Three competition. Team Match this Sunday so next open 20th. Book in via Redfins at Measham.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

thanks .
I had a drive up this morning, looked good, some catching on the pole, some on the feeder.
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

I fished the open yesterday, really enjoyed it. The lads who fish it regularly said the middle of the deeps would be best as there were fewer skimmers at either end. I drew the eel trap peg which was at the end nearest the car park , so not the best.
There were two 32lb weights in the favoured area but everyone caught fish either on the tip or the pole.
I had a really enjoyable match, couple of early skimmers on the tip, then caught small roach, perch and skimmers at 11m on pinkies over gbait for 9lb 14oz and a section win.
Richie Reynolds went too, he drew at the far end and had 15lb of roach on the pole, I think he got in the frame or won his section, not 100% sure.
Will definitely be going back, I've fished there on and off for over 30 years , still a great place to fish. Nice to see a few old faces too.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

If I was ever lucky enough to win the Lottery, I'd buy Willesley lake. I crappity smack the Carpers off and put it back to the way it was in the 80's. Cut the trees back, fit some decent stages in the shallows, sort the pegs out in the deeps and stock some new Bream. 70 peg sellouts back in the day, long range G/B feeder fishing, lots of Skimmers and Roach (Not to mention large "proper" Crucians) and the odd bigger Bream. Heaven.

What were the two 32lb weights caught on Andy ??
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

one was on the feeder the other on the bomb with pellet.

yeah the old days there were brilliant, some of the best bream anglers around used to fish the matches.