If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

SOAR VALLEY WINTER LEAGUE 2015

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

SOAR VALLEY WINTER LEAGUE 2015

Unread post by joffmiester »

Well its another year and the Soar Valley has grown into one of the largest winter leagues in the country on natural venues with ten teams competing . Last night was the first meeting and Brian and myself thank everyone for turning up as meetings go it had it's ups and downs but in all honesty it looks to of turned out well . Sections have been picked for the first round and hopefully we can settle on these sections for two or three rounds . None of us are getting any younger so again with the help of the land owners we have managed to get some more access. One point i would like to make if any Teams would like to help clear one or two pegs out just contact Brian or myself some will need a little work . This league will see more natural sections of the river in the first two or three weather permitting and will test everyone's watercraft . Pools will stay the same and i'm pretty sure the entrance is as well Draw times will 8am and first to pay there money will draw first . hopefully we can fish 11 till 4pm giving everyone plenty of time to get to there pegs and set up scales and boards have also been allocated throughout the series .

TEAMS
KAMASAN STARLETS
DYNAMITE MATRIX TRENTMEN
WIGSTON AS
SENSAS BENNETTS
DRENNAN LEICESTER
SENSAS MIDLAND ANGLING SUPPLIES
LONG EATON FED
MAVER LOUGHBOROUGH SOAR
DYNAMITE MATCHMANS SUPPLIES
QUORN AS
Entrance fee's must be paid on the first round
SECTIONS FOR THE FIRST ROUND
1 1860
2 TOP PONDS
3 TOP PONDS
4 BRINKS
5 BRINKS
6 GREENS ONLY
7 DEEPS
8 ABBEY MEADOWS
9 NORMANTON 5 BOTTOM END 5 IN PETE MULVEY'S FIELD
10 KEGWORTH
If for any reason a section has to be moved whether it's down to flood risk or for anything else that can't be foreseen at a very late time it will be down to Brian and Myself full stop [ hopefully the league members will respect this as it's never easy making decisions at the last minute ]
Brian will get the team sheets out to you as soon as he has received them from the angling trust . :tiphat :tiphat

DATES FOR THE WINTER LEAGUES

18TH OCTOBER
25TH OCTOBER
1ST NOVEMBER
8TH NOVEMBER
22ND NOVEMBER
29TH NOVEMBER
SOAR CHAMPIONSHIP ON 11TH OCT
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Re: SOAR VALLEY WINTER LEAGUE 2015

If there are any anglers with out a team who might want to fish please let us know and we can try and get you in a team :thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Everything is ready most of the work has been done and we thank everyone for helping sections are safe and access is the best we have had for a number of years . none of us are getting any younger and its great to see 90 anglers on the bank a real testimony to all the hard work that has gone into the winter league .
i hear the old chestnut every year "everyone get's one day off a week and wants a days fishing " we are running one of the biggest winter leagues in the country it is a Team competition we simply can't have 50 yard pegs if anglers want this they perhaps want to go pleasure fishing more . Access is the key to the success of our river fishing a small minority have moaned about sutton lane this year for fishing badly yet each match has had great turn out . Most rivers this year have been Peggy i'm afraid its down to the weather this year NOT the match organizers .No doubt the same few will moan if the winter league fishes bad well the conditions won't help low and clear river bright and plenty of leaves traveling through the pegs it's without question this will be a hard round. Lets not forget this is also one of the last big team matches left on the calendar once this goes we will be left with nothing. Lets make this the best winter league we've had and for all the Moaners just remember before opening there mouths think about the anglers that are not with us anymore and the others that are in hospital that would love to be on the bank this weekend . :tiphat :tiphat tight lines
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Having walked the Barrow sections yesterday couldn,t help but be impressed by the efforts that have gone into making pegs ready . I am sure it wil be appreciated by those turning out tomorrow. Best of luck for a good series to all.