If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Notice of EGM

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Notice of EGM

Unread post by MrV »

A reminder to all members that there will be an Extraordinary General Meeting on Wednesday 9th December at 8pm in Harrisons club. This is solely to elect a new committee for the next 12 months. Please remind anyone who does not have access to the forum. Thanks :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Re: Notice of EGM

Unread post by Biggcol »

Why is this solely to elect a new committee Paul? There are several things I would like to mention which I didn't get chance to after the last meeting was abruptly ended. Once the new or old officers are elected what is the problem with continuing with the AGM we never had so we can return to some sort of normality.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

If a new committee is elected they can then continue with the AGM. I did actually think Heinzer went round the room at the AGM asking individuals if they had any other business and on one did so they moved off AOB and on to election of officers. Maybe I am wrong but someone will correct me I'm sure :whistle
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

I'm afraid not Paul. Once everybody voted to pay the league fees up front it went straight to election of officers were heinzer n Tk resigned.leaving to play bingo without any consideration for the club.
There is a certain protocol at agms which should be adeared to. The club isn't about certain individuals who can't adhere to a majority vote from members. The club has to always come first and if they're not prepared to except a democratic vote then how can these individuals possibly run a club. Everybody should be attending this meeting with the intention of moving forward ,not make it about individuals who'd rather play bingo.
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

What a bloody disgusting post. TK and Dave care more about the club than you and your other bunch of self serving prats put together! If they see the club going in a direction utterly alien to the way the club has been run for 40 odd years, they have every right to resign. Well I hope you are all happy.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Col, you are bang out of order with your last post. I think posting derogatory comments about people who are still at the heart of this club, and have represented the interests of this club and its members for the last 30 odd years is disgraceful. They are still members of this club, and should be treated with respect.
I merely posted a topic reminding people of the date and time of the EGM. You came back with a question about continuing the AGM. I then posted back that if a new committee was elected they could continue the AGM. I also stated that I thought Any other business had been concluded, which in your opinion it had not. No problem with that at all. There was no need to turn this post into an attack on two highly respected members of this club.
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Perhaps Mr Kenn would care to furnish us with the names of "those self seeking" members to allow them the opportunity to respond to his outburst??
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thanks for your postings MGB and MrV – they are very much appreciated at this time.

Although I find the post in question obviously deeply annoying, which once again contains an erroneous attack on me – I don’t play bingo and my decision to resign from my posts was primarily in consideration of the club - I will minimise my further thoughts and comments at this moment and will perhaps express them at the appropriate juncture.

On the subject of ‘certain protocol’, if there is ‘any other business’ at the EGM, it will be a first in the history of the club that I am aware of, to the proposal ‘The actions, comments and perceived personal agenda of elements of the club have caused conflict, unrest and instability amongst the members, not being in the interests and ethos of Cashmores AC, thus jeopardising its future. It is proposed therefore that the memberships of x,y and z be terminated immediately..........’
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

My apologies my posting should have read self serving prats. But the request for information still remains
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

PB
Any body with the same mindset as Big C. If the cap fits......

Funny how you can comment on my "outburst" but nothing about Big C's post
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

I'm not attacking anybody just stating the facts. Did they resign YES ,did they walk out the meeting YES, did they play bingo whilst the rest of us was still trying to sort things out YES.
If 18 out of 21 people vote for something for the benefit of the club the answer is not to resign n play bingo but to realise the people your representing want change. fACT.
I'm the one being called a self serving prat simply for putting my hand in the air by one of 3 people who couldn't get their own way.
It was agreed at the meeting by everybody that the meeting would be adjourned until the 5th to give Tk n heinzer chance to re consider which I was one of many who told these pair i wish that they would . but my personal feelings is that I've been let down after running the winter league for them and baillifing the cut all year cutting grass n trees etc n pegging out. When I get moaned at I still carry on n so should they .They've always had my vote but democracy is a wonderful thing.,FACT.
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

what ever happened to the old club I was a member of around 5 years ago plenty of banter great blokes all I can see now is inner fighting between members shame this :sad
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Gents,
whether any of the comments made above are correct or not , Do you all really think a PUBLIC forum is the correct place for this :tiphat
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Obi wrote:Gents,
whether any of the comments made above are correct or not , Do you all really think a PUBLIC forum is the correct place for this :tiphat
Your correct obi I'm saying nothing now until the meeting.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Biggcol wrote: did they play bingo whilst the rest of us was still trying to sort things out YES.FACT.
FACT - read my post again...........
Biggcol wrote: but my personal feelings is that I've been let down after running the winter league for them .
Running a winter league for me :rofl :rofl :rofl

Biggcol wrote: but my personal feelings is that I've been let down after baillifing the cut all year cutting grass n trees etc n pegging out. FACT.
Wow.........for 1 season. My heart bleeds for you - not - FACT
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Obi wrote:Gents,

You are one of the voices of reason OBI :thumsup And correct. However whilst I have been mute on this forum since the AGM I am not going to sit idly by whilst there are unsolicited and misleading slurs on my character and behaviour - believe me I have tempered my responses........

abuman wrote:what ever happened to the old club I was a member of around 5 years ago plenty of banter great blokes all I can see now is inner fighting between members shame this :sad
Its gone mate ..... >:(
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

shame this
:sad
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

How sad
How nice it would be if all of this could be sorted out , privately, civilly and without malice
I'm in agreement with Obi
Id like to think that I'm personally friends or on friendly terms with everyone in the club
I, for one, will not be dragged into any arguments or into taking sides, regardless of who is right wrong or indifferent
A note to all
1.. Least said soonest mended
2.. If you can't say something nice, say nothing
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

spot on baz :thumsup