If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Ex Cashmores Thread....

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Ex Cashmores Thread....

Unread post by Phil B »

Following the disbanding of Cashmore's fishing club, some of the old members may wish to continue using the Forum under a new name.
Can you advise us if this is possible and what path to follow?
1) Is there a cost.
2) Will we need to appoint moderators
3) Are there any legal actions needed.
4) Any other advice
5) I presume new access passwords will be required
Regards
Phil Broadstock
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Re: Logging in Instructions

Unread post by Biggcol »

Yes Phil,a few people have mentioned to me about staying in touch. Good question :thumsup
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

The way I see it
What is the problem with any exCashmore members still using the site as before?
It can be taken as read that Cashmores is now " ex Cashmores cronies". Or similar
My suggestion would be for any newly formed groups or clubs to register accordingly
However, surely registered members of the site remain thus, and as such,already have a personal password
I sense huge division here
In my opinion there is no need
Il repeat an earlier statement of mine
I refuse to be drawn into ANY arguments
To take ANY side
To fall out or cease contact with anyone I consider a friend
Should anyone have a problem with this please feel free to
contact me privately
Look lads it nearly Christmas
Let's just all chill, eat drink and be merry
There is enough conflict in the world without it entering our sanctuary, the fishing world
Leave me out of it all please
Last edited by Simple on December 11th, 2015, 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Editing so Kids don't learn some new naugty words lol :)
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Hopefully I will put an end to this debate with a few "moderator" answers. Although Cashmores AC no longer exists, as far as I am concerned, the Cashmores forum will stay open, as it is, until Simps tells me otherwise to allow for FRIENDLY banter between fishing friends who used to fish with Cashmores AC. A lot of strong friendships have been built over many years between the lads who post on here, so I don't see why that should change. I am happy to continue being a moderator for the site, if Simps has no objection, and I hope KOD would too. All I will say from my point of view is I will certainly delete any posts that I think are sniping, or looking to open up old wounds. It is an excellent way of keeping in touch, and also supports the Simple Match fishing forum. People are going off in different directions now to pursue their hobby, and it would be nice to see how they are getting on, so lets keep posting, and please play nicely. :tiphat :tiphat
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Re: Ex Cashmores Thread....

Unread post by Simple »

I have separated the above posts from the original topic and started a new topic here.
Phil B wrote:Following the disbanding of Cashmore's fishing club, some of the old members may wish to continue using the Forum under a new name.
Can you advise us if this is possible and what path to follow?
1) Is there a cost.
TK is sorting out what to do with the Cashmores sub forum. If a new sub forum on this board is required please PM me
2) Will we need to appoint moderators
Yes you can appoint your own moderators. But the Global moderators and Admins will also have privileges in there too by default
3) Are there any legal actions needed.
Not that I can think of
4) Any other advice
Play nice. Keep it civil please.
5) I presume new access passwords will be required
If you are all signing up again with new usernames then you can use whatever password you want. If you are making a new username to remove the 'Cashmores AC from your name then there is no need. I can remove that and put you in a new group or one of the existing groups i.e HanKat Crony, registered members etc
Regards
Phil Broadstock
I hope that answers your questions.
If not feel free to ask more :rofl :thumsup :tiphat
Any one from 'Cashmores AC' that wants removing from the group please reply here and I will remove you or PM me and I will do it.
Cheers.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

MrV wrote:Hopefully I will put an end to this debate with a few "moderator" answers. Although Cashmores AC no longer exists, as far as I am concerned, the Cashmores forum will stay open, as it is, until Simps tells me otherwise to allow for FRIENDLY banter between fishing friends who used to fish with Cashmores AC. A lot of strong friendships have been built over many years between the lads who post on here, so I don't see why that should change. I am happy to continue being a moderator for the site, if Simps has no objection, and I hope KOD would too. All I will say from my point of view is I will certainly delete any posts that I think are sniping, or looking to open up old wounds. It is an excellent way of keeping in touch, and also supports the Simple Match fishing forum. People are going off in different directions now to pursue their hobby, and it would be nice to see how they are getting on, so lets keep posting, and please play nicely. :tiphat :tiphat
Your Moderator position stands Paul, nothing has changed there mate. :thumsup :tiphat
Cashmores section ulitmatily lies in the hands of TK whom owns it and has done since 2006. He is an Admin here too and hopfully will remain an admin too despite what is going on.
The Sub forum 'Cashmores AC' will stay here as long as TK says, his word will be final. :tiphat :thumsup
I will rename, delete, archive(read only) or whatever he see's fit.
I personally don't want to see it deleted or removed from public eye as there are some great reports from many moons a go in there.

If people are making a new username to remove the 'Cashmores AC from your name then there is no need. I can remove that and put you in a new group or one of the existing groups i.e HanKat Crony, registered members etc
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thanks for qualifying the situation Simps :tiphat
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Thanks for your reply. We will be back in touch with you when a decision has been arrived at.
Regards
Phil B