If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Message for Simps regarding formatting.

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Message for Simps regarding formatting.

Unread post by Mugger »

Hi Simon,
You may remember that when the boards got swapped over I mentioned that my reports hadn't migrated across in full, just the pictures but the text seemed to have been replaced with loads of .............................................

Well I've sussed it. ;) On the old board it supported the use of size tags which don't appear to work on this board,However it was just a case of the numbers in the tags not being compatible between the two boards by editing the values I've got the text back. :cheerleader

Also this new board doesn't appear to allow you to center things like photo's up in posts either so I'm also editing the CENTER tags out of my reports.

It will take a bit of time to edit my reports, but I'll work through them in due course, so that they're available for everyone to view once more in due course. :thumsup
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Re: Message for Simps regarding formatting.

Unread post by Simple »

Hello Pete, I did ask you to send me a link to look at them ;D
There were a lot of code and images that were in a 'converted_files' folder that was not displaying because the images and code were missing from the folder. I added said files and a lot of stuff started to show again.
Your right, some of the BBcode from the old forum does not work here or has a different value so does not work here. So we are left with rouge stuff appearing in peoples posts.
I have noticed the

Code: Select all

[size][/size]
one in a lot of my old posts. The text was so small I could not see it.
Sorry about that matey.

I was reading a load of old reports of yours last night on Maggotdrowners :tiphat :thumsup
Me and Gem had a giggle at this...
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Glad you have sussed it. :tiphat
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Re: Message for Simps regarding formatting.

Unread post by Mugger »

LOL, remember that well Simps. ;D
Right, it took a while but I've worked my way through all my old posts and think I've managed to restore/edit all my reports so that they're readable again.. :thumsup
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader