If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

CLUBS AND INSURANCE

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

CLUBS AND INSURANCE

Unread post by joffmiester »

yes its this old chestnut i think we covered one or two points about liability and responsibility if and accidents happen on the banks whether its frozen canals flooded rivers or over head cables .
if i remember LEE WOODHOUSE went into some depth about it and was spot on .i'm sure it was when someone was spotted standing in the middle of his canal trying to smash a hole in the ice
well if your club insurance is through for this year coming take some time to read the small print
believe me its changed for every club responsibility lies very much with controlling club and there representatives ie committee treasures and presidents
so this means if another club books your water or runs a match on your water and god forbid it doesn't happen a serious accident the responsibility will still lie with the controlling club for the accident meaning named people of the controlling club will personally responsible where as some insurance companies used to hold the club only responsible
so before you renew check that your club or match secretary, treasurer or  committee
as you could find yourself responsible for something you've not organised or run yet could be held responsible by name   Image Image
one way to stop this would be to get the club who have booked or rented your water to sign a dis-claimer telling them that the controlling club will take no responsibility for the actions of the said club or organiser who have booked the water or run the competition held on your clubs waters
but this would still have to be cleared by your own insurance company first

its  just worth checking first ;) ;) ;) ;)