If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Division 1 National Bristol Avon

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

Any news ?

Who,s fishing it off this site ?

Dodge shhhhhhhush trying to think of an excuse not to fish this one.... Image Image Image

Theres 2 good bleak pegs !  Image  Image Image Image Image Image  Image  :D

One rod Dodge Image Image and it will be pointing up in the air Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

It needs to be 12 till 5 :'(
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

30lb of roach and the odd chub won the match at staverton on wednesday, you can drive and park behind every peg on that section! I have a picture of the winning net but ant seem to up load it? can I send it to someone who can, its a nice net of fish!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Sent you a pm Rich  Image Gorra shoot out now (12.40pm) but will post as soon as I return
Ian_Morrison

Unread post by Ian_Morrison »

Has anyone seen any results from open matches on the Avon?
The only place I have seen any are on Callum Dicks blog from the opening weekend and two weeks ago!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Has anyone seen any results from open matches on the Avon?
The only place I have seen any are on Callum Dicks blog from the opening weekend and two weeks ago!

Its a closed shop mate ........ locals only ! Image

Dont tell em owt when your practicing down there next week ;) :D Image
dan_ashington

Unread post by dan_ashington »

Personally I think to keep these nationals going is to now look at splitting the venues i.e. 4 anglers on a river 3 on a commercial and 3 on a canal or natural lake ??
Geographically im sure there is suitable venues all around the country that a region could be used and these venues used within a shortish travelling distance of one another. If the midlands was to hold this event then venues just off the top of my head could be Tunnel barn, Warwickshire Avon around Stratford and the Grand Union canal. I think this would keep teams interested as they could nominate anglers to fish the venues they prefer as lets face it teams nowadays dont have 10 anglers that want to fish a river, canal or commercial so a mix between the 3 would help keep teams interested. I do fear that this years on the river could be the last as from what i have seen so far the access, walks and lack of fish in some areas is putting lots of anglers and teams off hence the reason why the turnouts have not been big matches apart from the big money EA match and super league practice match at Newbridge fished by the local teams and anglers. A 500 peg match on a river or canal is so hard to practice for anyway as average teams will not be able to fish the venue enough to cover all sections as opposed to having 200 pegs on a river 150 pegs on a commercial and 150 pegs on a canal. I understand that this would take more work for our governing body to do but surely if they want to keep these competitions running something needs to happen, the big question is do the angling trust want these big events ???
swiv

Unread post by swiv »

If you read my post about Div 2 earlier, all will become a lot clearer as to future of nationals! Image Image
dan_ashington

Oh yes just read that and must read other threads before posting Image Image
swiv

Unread post by swiv »

HAD A NICE DAY NEWBRIDGE BRISTOL AVON SUNDAY CAUGHT MOST OF DAY 9.14 OF ROACH AND CHUBLETS 4TH TIME FISHED IT. HAD 23.10 FIRST TIME, AND 10 POUND AT CHIPPENHAM OF ROACH Image Image
dan_ashington

Some parts sound really good, last week i drew up at Rotork and caught nearly 10lb of roach and skimmers on pole, parked behind my peg lovely. This week i drew at Kelston above the weir, walked a long way across 1 style and parking was not good and caught 2lb :'( the whole of Kelston was not good apart from a couple that caught a bream or 2. Very patchy river but where isnt with that many pegs on.
swiv

Unread post by swiv »

IT WILL BE A ROACH AND SOME CHUB RIVER IF IT STAYS SETTLED NOT SO MANY BREAM EVEN KELSTON AND SALTFORD TREES WILL BE LOT BETTER, DOWN THERE FOR A WEEK NEXT WEEK Image Image Image
Ian_Morrison

After being down to the Avon this weekend and driving to most of the sections, I just want to wish anyone fishing it good luck as you are going to need it!

The fishing is good but everything else is simply horrendous (parking, access and the pegs). It doesn't inspire confidence when a local angler tells you to take a rope and spade!
Ian_Morrison

Also, does anyone know if the angling trust sends scouts (preferably someone with an ounce of knowledge in running a big match) down to a venue before it is picked to hold the most prestigious match of the year?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

when a local angler tells you to take a rope and spade

That used to be the norm 30 odd years ago Morrie88 - always had one in my box when we used to fish the Severn - especially in winter - tie yourself to a tree and 'dig yourself in'
Ian_Morrison

I wouldn't mind if I had one rod and small box to sit on, but when I have got thousands of pounds worth of kit with me to cover any situation the last thing I want to be doing is scrabbling about.
On sunday when I was lowering myself into position my feet slipped and I would of been going for a swim with my box had someone not been sitting behind to help!
I don't think the situation has been helped with all the rain we have had as some of the pegs have been washed away.
As I say the fishing is extremely enjoyable, but you have to get fishing first! I would still rather have the national on here than a commercial though!! Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

the angling trust do promote angling morrie

its take a friend fishing with you Image Imagejust give him your kit and a spade  Image Image i can remember the new junky one angler never found his section  Imageand i thought that was a easy venue i hope he's not going to this one  Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

mindyou france had some traveling Image Image
Ian_Morrison

If I took a friend to the avon I don't think we would stay friends for long Image Image Image

France did have some traveilling but at least you could drive right alongt the river to your peg.

It was the fishing that annoyed me, all the way to France and back for two perch (one each day), which gave me good section points both days Image Image Image

I felt so sorry for the French angler I drew next to both days, he blanked the first day and on the second caught a 6oz eel with an hour to go and was chuffed to bits, only to find out when he came to weigh in they didnt count!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image

I felt so sorry for the French angler I drew next to both days, he blanked the first day and on the second caught a 6oz eel with an hour to go and was chuffed to bits, only to find out when he came to weigh in they didnt count! [/quote]
Image Image Image Image

i was in the end section on the tidal part 38km away from the draw Image Imagestill i'd do it all again Image Imagethinking about on the second day it was dark driving to the pegs and i'm sure some of the french used rope Image Image