If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

daskin wrote:
Take a look at Aldi thick slice, village loaf. Wouldn't eat it though, you'd need a sponsorship with Andrex Image

50p, - every bit as good as Warburtons at the moment, stops on the hook better. 8-)

Some of the 'regular' bread has gone lady lumps up.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Ive found Warburtons feels good but melts off the hook in seconds.

Hovis soft white medium or thick are the best ive found.

but any bread has to be fresh--make sure it has no less than 5 days on the use by date, anything less just isnt fresh

sometimes they have 6 days.

The reason i dont microwave and roll mine is cos if I do it sticks in my punches and once that has happened the punch is F***** for the day.
Something interesting has happened to the Hovis soft white, which now says on the packet--"New softer loaf" and its dead right,, I still get it as fresh as possible--but no need to panic if you cant--the "new " stuff is still ok after a few days, I used some that was 5 days old last week and had 205 fish in 3.5 hrs and it stayed on the hook perfectly.
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

As there is so much rubbish talked about Punch Fishing -which to be honest annoys me..I decided to make a couple of videos ( very amateur I hasten to add) To back up my original article on Punch Fishing---one video on the way I prepare my crumb, and also of a pleasure session on the Steeping--which I have had to up load onto youtube in 5 parts. my upload speed is so slow--each part took about 8 hrs to upload-so to do it in one Video i would have left it up loading for two days or more-and that just isnt practical.
For anyone that wants to watch them either pm me on here for the link--or put my name in the search box on Youtube .
Hope someone will find this useful
Derek
daskin

Unread post by daskin »

daskin wrote:As there is so much rubbish talked about Punch Fishing -which to be honest annoys me..I decided to make a couple of videos ( very amateur I hasten to add) To back up my original article on Punch Fishing---one video on the way I prepare my crumb, and also of a pleasure session on the Steeping--which I have had to up load onto youtube in 5 parts. my upload speed is so slow--each part took about 8 hrs to upload-so to do it in one Video i would have left it up loading for two days or more-and that just isnt practical.
For anyone that wants to watch them either pm me on here for the link--or put my name in the search box on Youtube .
Derek
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbe-n ... lymer=true
SW

Unread post by SW »

Absolutely spot on in every possible way Derek thank you for sharing :tiphat

Have watched all YouTube footage and have to say is excellent,

I've now been studying and putting theory into practice for some time now on yer techniques of punch n Liccy prepreation in conjunction with the 5 mtr whip as this is now one of me preferred tactics as regards to roach and have now found meself seriously addicted to this style of fishing :valnana
daskin

Re: Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Unread post by daskin »

daskin wrote: December 11th, 2016, 10:41 pm
daskin wrote:As there is so much rubbish talked about Punch Fishing -which to be honest annoys me..I decided to make a couple of videos ( very amateur I hasten to add) To back up my original article on Punch Fishing---one video on the way I prepare my crumb, and also of a pleasure session on the Steeping--which I have had to up load onto youtube in 5 parts. my upload speed is so slow--each part took about 8 hrs to upload-so to do it in one Video i would have left it up loading for two days or more-and that just isnt practical.
Derek
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbe-n ... lymer=true
I Have put videos of another session on a different venue on you tube-if anyone is interested.
david thomas

Re: Breadpunch my way by Derek Skinner

Unread post by david thomas »

Intresting artical.