If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Best and worst match you have fished this year

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Now 2007 is ending what match you fished in could you describe as your best (performance , experience) and worst:

should be some great and interesting reply`s .... :D :D
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

best performance.
I drew next to a hero of mine named Jimmy Hines on the Staffs/Worcs canal at Tettenhall on the HanKat AS teams , one of the best anglers i've seen and an absolutely smashing bloke.He weighed 11lb of roach on joker and i broke the venue record with 18lb of roach.

The worst performance was at Burton on the Trent and Mersey canal in the AT warks winter league, i had two gudgeon for 8th in section but lost a perch that would have put me 2nd or possibly 1st.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

I was the other side of jimmy that day and i managed to beat him by an ounce, i weighed just short of 12lb and didnt win a penny , you were awesome that day lee, absolutley bladdered the section !!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

my best day probably on a 80 peg super league practice on the weaver at northwich,drew and end peg at hunts lock very shallow (5ft) for the venue and no flow, filled it in and caught small skimmers & hybrids all day on the pole for 12lb odd was amazed to find out i was 2nd on the day...my mate lewis breeze won wiv 34lb of bream on the other end peg,happy days :D my worst...had a few but drawing peg 111 on the walsall canal teams of 3 last feb, billo was on it the round before and had 2oz,got there loads of boquets of flowers on the far bank next to fly over bridge..lad come up and told me someone had jumped off the bridge a week earlier and police divers had been in the canal to retrieve the body where my peg was :o :o i caught a good skimmer first chuck and that was it last in section by a mile....everyone to my left caught skimmers all day.. :( :(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

My 'worsts' far outnumber my bests for 2007 which is a year I'd care not to remember for a variety of reasons.

Worst of worst was probably top pool at Isaac Walton, not for my individual performance, but because of the atmosphere and attitude that prevailed that day

Best - well the 'tidiest' I've fished this year was probably only a couple of weeks ago on peg 16 of the Kidney Pool

Strangely, the matches I've enjoyed the most this year have been the ones I've struggled on where I've had to get my head down and try to 'make things happen'

Despite wanting to forget 2007 I've learnt quite a lot during it, so it hasn't been totally in vain.
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by welder »

Best match was at Boddington res, i had 128lb in the last half of the match to come 2nd behind Kev Boam and me worst match was holly farm on trotters, cracked 7th section of me pole wth the pole roller, lost a small magnetic hook box down the edge in about 3ft of water, the wind blew most of me feed of me side tray into the water, couldnt fish long because of the wind, lost 4 more rigs or so to snagged fish. Twas a Mare.
I travelled 40 miles to commit sideways, boy did i chunter that day. :'(
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Come on end peg bet youve got some belters :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I bet I can guess what End Pegs worst was :D :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oooops meant to do some of these instead :P :P :P
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

It's hard to remember but i'd say my best was on the lower Warwickshire Avon. I've posted about it before but essentially, I broke the tip off my float rod while tackling up, snapped my quiver rod below the splice on my first cast.

No flow on the inside to use my pole.

Had a light bulb moment when I remembered my quiver rod had a normal top in the bag with a screw eye. Dont use those eyes, but  went on to win with 8lb odd touch legering for small skimmers.

As for worst, theres been a few days that havent gone well !  When nothing seems to work, it just doesnt 'feel' right and you fish like a plonker.

The last one was early december on a reservoir. Never had a bite.

Blowing a gale and nothing to put my brolly in except my brolly arm. Everytime I stood up to scoop out another item of tackle, my whole box with everything in it wanted to take off.

At times I just had to hold on to my brolly pole as stiiff as I could in the face of the gale. Eventually I gave up and went home, complete  with a newly buckled brolly pole and wondering why i'd ever started   Image

Theres been plenty of other times when I havent done so well , regardless of the conditions, rather forget all those lol.
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

My best match has to be the thames champs or drennen individual at moorlands farm. 8-)
The thames was a major feather in my cap and a proud day.
Me and my dad have fished it since i was a kid. So to win it made both me and my dad very proud!! especially when you look at the legends who have won it in years gone by.(won team title aswell) ::)
The drennen was the best match i've fished this year. After drawing peg 7 on bank(flyer) ::) i sorted my bait out and got to my peg only to be greeted by alan scotthorne on peg 9 and jon arthur on 6. (o joy)

To cut a long story short i kinder potted worms and casters after every fish at 13mtrs and steadily picked off fish throughout to weight 79lb 13oz (13 carp and some big skimmers) to win! it was a day of feast or fammine as jon had 61lb Image and alan had around 15lb but did'nt weight Image
Stuck to my guns and got the result in some awesome company, the near £2k pick up helped aswell. :D :D :D Image
worst was the last 8 of the match fishing cup, when four of us had to sit there and watch as the other four bagged on skimmers, only to leave us to catch squatt fish and feeling like we were never in the race from the start. >:( >:( Image good competition which ended in an odd way for me. :'( :'(
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

nice one diddy, bet the sensas challenge final over 2 days on the stainy done yer head in aswell mate ;) ;) it done me in :'( :'( :'(
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

only cos my team mates never got in till 4.30am on sun morning,we were in a good position but blew that chance. >:( >:( Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

only cos my team mates never got in till 4.30am on sun morning,we were in a good position but blew that chance. >:( >:( Image
quality.........the draw was at 7 am on the sunday just made it ourselfs :-[ :-[
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

If i remember right the last time i fished the Stainy was on a div1 national...the year when Barnsley paraylsed it.

I seem to remember i was slighty drunk, went into Donny the night before and got absolutely plastered. Scorching hot day and i didn't have any thing to drink.

I still cant believe i was 2nd on my coach, only beaten by Mick Vials from Barnsley.
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

lewis maruski went out with a load of other lads and they went home he stayed out and got his shirt riped by sum mental girl he tried to pull Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

same thing happened to lewis breeze in donny but it wasnt his shirt that got pulled :o :o
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by frank »

same thing happened to lewis breeze in donny but it wasnt his shirt that got pulled

just a matter of interest what did he get pulled
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My guess is...

He got pulled out of the canal.....He has a habit of testing the depth with his feet.
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

if its owt like our lewis he HAD to be pulled from his bed. Image