If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Which top end long pole?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
DGJ
Match Team/ Club: Avon Mill Fishing Club

Which top end long pole?

Unread post by DGJ »

Hi,

So I've been fishing again for about 3 years having given up from the age of 16 to 35, mainly match fishing with my club on local commercials and also opens at Tunnel Barn. I've been using a Preston Pro Type 360, but have found it problematic beyond 13m, not overly responsive and realised it is probably holding me back, albeit it has been a great pole for sub £500. I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a top end pole, with a budget of about £3k, which could stretch for the right bit of kit, plus extra for elastication and some new rollers. Being a Preston man, I obviously like the look of the M90, but have had a couple of friends advise me to avoid it. Also like the Daiwa's, MAP's and currently really like the look of the Xitan Z-14.

Looking for some advice from people who know better and are using this level of pole currently. What do you think is the best top end pole for my budget in 2017??
gaz19

Re: Which top end long pole?

Unread post by gaz19 »