If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hankat spring league

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
stevetheteacher

Hankat spring league

Unread post by stevetheteacher »

I have been fishing the winter league at Willesley Lake and one of the regulars has mentioned entering a team into the Hankat Spring League. Does anyone have any info on venues etc?

Many thanks in anticipation of a flood of informative responses
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hankat spring league

Unread post by TK »

Hi Steve - picked this up from Lee Woodhouse's facebook page

'
HanKat teams of 3 spring league

merry hill canal stretches.

venues will be used on availability and numbers booked on but will be between:

link section
woodside high numbers
tank section
strike waters

no pike

no bloodworm or joker

all sundays
7th may
21st may
4th june
18th june
2nd july
16th July

£36 per team up front

contact lee woodhouse, micky howells or steve robson
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

He used to post a lot on here and even has his own HanKat group on here.:shifty :tiphat
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

stevetheteacher wrote: January 5th, 2017, 8:26 pm I have been fishing the winter league at Willesley Lake

How's it been fishing Steve. Many folks fishing the matches ??
stevetheteacher

The league matches have had 24 each week. Spaces on the opens though but only one match left.

Good close matches, 15lb needed to win with plenty of back up weights. Hard to predict which section will win let alone which peg. It could be 80 skimmers on the long pole, 240 bits on the whip or a dozen better skimmers on the tip.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Went to go and have a walk around Willesley lake yesterday only to be met with barb wire and keep out signs. Seems Redfins have turned it into a Carp syndicate. 70 members, £300 a year. Effing shame, used to be one of the best Bream/Skimmer waters going years ago. I still enjoyed the odd day out there feeder fishing. No more I'm afraid. Need a lottery win, because it's still for sale I believe. Fu*k the carpers off then.
Jelfish
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

Unread post by Jelfish »

Hi Arch, Willesley Lake not just a carp syndicate water it has gone members only, after numerous issues with litter etc from day ticket anglers. There are also a number of course fishing season ticket members.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Only ever went one or two times a year Mick, so wouldn't be interested in a season ticket. Just liked to turn up when I felt like it. The lake will always hold a special place for me, as it was where I spent lots of my very early angling years trying to catch. Didn't manage to most of the time, but loved every minute of the time I was there.

The place needs a general pick up TBH, lots of Tree maintenance required. £21'000 a year for the syndicate fees should enable the guys who run the place to carry out whats required. Can't really comment on the litter, but whenever I have been, I've never noticed being that bad, certainly no worse than other places.
stevetheteacher

Hankat spring league

Hi Arch

Proper shame about the season tickets but at the end of the day Redfins need to make it pay.

Roll on the autumn when the matches should start up again.