If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Loop to Loop Hooklengths

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Buzz913
Match Team/ Club: Mill Barn

Loop to Loop Hooklengths

Unread post by Buzz913 »

I've recently decided to use the loop to loop hooklength method and find it a better set up. However when I want to change to another hook length I have problems disconnecting the mainline. Any suggestions
SW

Loop to Loop Hooklengths

Unread post by SW »

Hi there fella,

Yep know exactly where yer coming from,

Nowadays I tend to cut the loop of the hook length that yer gonna discard with and then very carefully pull the line of the cut Loop through the the tightened loop of the mainline, it should pull through ok :thumsup

However the only other option I can surgest is attach the smallest micro swivel you can get hold of to the loop of yer mainline,

I've never had any problems with the use of micro swivels eaither as they actually weigh no different to a small stotz :tiphat

Be lucky
123dicky

Loop to Loop Hooklengths

Unread post by 123dicky »

Re: Micro swivels. Spot on, they also stop line twist when using maggots. They are very strong, I use them for barbel trotting.
garethevans1986
Match Team/ Club: Willaston/MFS
Sponsor: Myself

Loop to Loop Hooklengths

Unread post by garethevans1986 »

It depends on what type of fishing your doing but for feeder fishing I use these - http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/cralusso ... quick-snap

I've always struggled with tangles etc when feeder fishing and started using these and love them.

Gareth