If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

what is your ........

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

what is your ........

Unread post by YAMO »

1/ best match weight?
2/ most satisfying fishing performance
3/ most satisfying fish
4/ worst fishing experience
5/most enjoyable days fishing
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

what is your ........

Unread post by YAMO »

1/ 82lb for beechdale ac at boldings in 2001
2/ finishing 7th overall out of over 190 anglers in whiteacres rover match with 56lb in 2006
3/ my first canal chub of 4lb at little onn last week
4/ has to be bonehill mill last yr, draw next to king polestring and 2 quality street round tins full of corn,had a nitemare match from start to finish, and GT werent too far away catching a fish a chuck.
5/ Most enjoyable day is split between 3,our practice session on mucky meadow 2 yrs ago, 40lb roach wityh young shawny on trent at armitage and misterton hall match
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

what is your ........

Unread post by Dave C »

1) 231lb from Newlands Hall in Essex in 2006
2) Choice of two.
32lb of Chub and Bream to win the South Norwood Club xmas match on the River Eden in Kent. Something Id
wanted to do for years.
Or 2lb 10oz on the Nene at Water Newton for 4th in section on a National
3) 7lb 6oz barbel from a flooded river Thames at Sonning
4) My first National on the Anchlome. We couldn’t get accommodation and ended up with 12 sleeping in a tent. Got to
the river to find it had risen to full flood overnight and scratched for 4 oz for 72nd out of 80 in the section
5) Too many to list, but the best these days are anytime Im out with the guys from MDs.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

what is your ........

Unread post by Simple »

1/ best match weight?
3/ most satisfying fish
  • 1. 87lb 15oz from Manor farm leisure(Windmill Pool) last year. Second to Conna's 89lb summat.
  • 2. Larford Lakes last year. First time fishing it, came 2nd with 58lb 10oz.
  • 3. About a 15lb common from the Willows in Penkridge. It was in perfect condition and fought like a William the Conquerer.
  • 4. Peg 29 on rolling Mill street in the wind. I don't want to think about it.
  • 5. I would say the first time I fished Bass Island on the Trent, despite the rain I loved it.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

what is your ........

Unread post by Simple »

Come on ratbag, we have had pool weights. Would be nice to know yours, been a towpath ted.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

what is your ........

Unread post by YAMO »

any answers to this thread by TK, heinzer, KOD, si, MR V, anyone else?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

what is your ........

Unread post by TK »

1 Either 16lb gudgeon from the Trent or 29lb 12oz of all roach from the Anker
2 Not sure........possibly getting a 6lb 12oz barbel out of peg 2 (fast pacy water) at Ironbridge PS on stick and 1lb 8oz bottom or .........pinching someones gudgeon when they were battering me on Staffs Worcs following a change of tactics to turn the tables
3 Possibly that barbel or the 4lb 9oz perch from Townsends on a Cashmores match
4 Lots :D
5 Probably a day as a teenager at Hilton Hall, followed by a private session on there a couple of years ago just before Tarmac sold up........ a real nostalgia trip
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

what is your ........

Unread post by MrV »

Best Match Weight = 70 odd lb Bream on Trent at Drakelow, wag and caster :D

Satisfying performance = winning section of 120 on Div 3 national on Tidal Trent :D

Most satisfying fish = 4lb+ Chub on 120z bottom on Rugely WL (T & M canal). :D

Worst fishing experience = Any time the MEB beat Rugeley PS in summer leagues. :'(

Most enjoyable days fishing = every time I go out and wet a line ;)
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

what is your ........

Unread post by Woodhouse »

1/ best match weight?
3/ most satisfying fish

1. 22lb of tench, skimmers and rudd out of the B'ham mainline canal (pellet for tench and skimmers, caster shallow for rudd)had heavier from pools but that dont count.

2. Winning a Bilston CD match on Walsall canal with 11lb on a dreadful day weather wise, blowing a gail and bucketing down with rain.

3. A 6lb carp i caught in a west mids premier league match from Stoke works on the B'ham/Worcs canal, i caught it on 0.06 bottom and number 4 laccy fishing the caster. I had already won the section with 5lb of roach on joker and the carp won me the match.

4. Going into the match above Tipton were going into the last round winning the league by 2 pts from Shakespeare and 14 in front of Starlets. At the end starlets won the league and Shakespeare were second, Starlets beat us by 2 pts and shaky by 1 pt then fishing out one of our blokes had finished last in section because he fished at 4 metres all day because he did not want to risk breaking his new pole in the wind.

5. Everytime i fish the Walsall canal in the summer, you just dont know what the next fish will be..roach,rudd skimmer, tench, gudgeon...
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

what is your ........

f :)u :Dc :ok  :Po :-Xf  Imagef :-X
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

what is your ........

Unread post by Conna »

We heard you the 1st time :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

what is your ........

Unread post by Simple »

We heard you the 1st time   :D

Pardon.
That carp on a 0.06 bottom, bet there were a few scarey moments with that bugger  Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

what is your ........

When it shot off down the cut i put my DAM Futron to its full length of 13.7m and just lay it on the top of the cut so i did not trash the rig when it broke me, i saw the pole bend right round then come back as if it had broke me. i shipped back convinced i was going to have to tie on a new hook but when i shipped back to 7m the elastic started coming out again, then i just added on sections and took then off until it got bored and asked me to net it.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

what is your ........

Unread post by TK »

DAM Futron - thats a name from the past - my pocket wouldn't run to them when they came out -still got it Lee?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

what is your ........

DAM Futron - thats a name from the past - my pocket wouldn't run to them when they came out -still got it Lee?

No TK...i used to have two and gave them both away along with about twenty top kits.
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

what is your ........

Unread post by Gem »

Just dragging this up to the top, having a flick through random threads, maybe some peoples replys have changed?!?

Heres mine.....

1/ best match weight? 98lb from Rolfs 28th July 07 came 2nd in the match, all on the feeder breaking many PB's that day

2/ most satisfying fishing performance? Meadowlands when i was about 9yrs old coming 2nd in match against some very experianced blokes. and being the youngest (and only female- girl power!) to win a junior match at Brinklow many yrs ago. also achieving 92lb after a 4/5yr break from fishing.

3/ most satisfying fish? 5lb 8oz Chubb, and 14lb carp

4/ worst fishing experience? hmmmm.... none particular spring to mind.

5/most enjoyable days fishing? Rolfs MDs weekend 2007
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

what is your ........

Unread post by welder »

My best weights been 168lb off Drayton Res but thats nowt to boast about as this is common on those places.
My most satisfying performance was though drawing peg 1 on the horns in a supercup qualifier against J.C.B and winning my section with 33lb and doing 2nd on the match the icing on the cake was that we won all 8 sections that day, we totally blitzed it. Its a good feeling when all the lads are in high spirits and up for it.
My most satifying fish/fishes were both off Calf Heath back in the mid 70,s a female tench in spawn weighed in at 7lb 9oz and a 19lb 3 oz mirror, both caught on the wag and caster i have had bigger fish though one was a 22lb pike off kings pools in a winter match, waggler again but its debatable as to wether the fish was interested in my double maggot, but the 28lb fish i had of High Tae Loch in Scotland deffinatley took a liking to a popped up section of eel i legered over the back of a boat while fishing for bream
My worst fishing expierience was on the Trent fishing the teams of 4. We where 3 hours into the match i was at the top of my section and i was sackin until a flatilla of canoes came up river, seconds later i looked down and the wash off the boats had collapsed the bank and my keepnet did a dissappearing act. Spose i might have coped better if i hadn,t have been on night shift and gone striaght fishin.
I get most of my enjoyment out of fishing the back end of the season when a change from carp bashin is more than welcome and a little bit of finesse is required. i fined being able to reajust and revert to using the skills you,ve developed over the years very satisfying particularly when 30lb of roach are your reward, when you get it right in winter conditions its brilliant. On the down side, i dont think our younger anglers will be able to grasp the skills that many older anglers have simply because a lot of commercial fisheries dont offer the facilties. 8-)