If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Drennan acolyte feeder rods

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
daveyboy

Drennan acolyte feeder rods

Unread post by daveyboy »

Has anyone bought and used either the ten or twelve foot rod as yet, if so what do you think to them
I am thinking of replacing my original drennan medium feeder with the twelve foot version
Thanks for any replies
daveyboy

Re: Drennan acolyte feeder rods

Well l have taken the plunge and bought one, it seems a bit strange to have a two piece ( 3 with the tip) compared to the three piece ( 4 with the tip) 12 ft feeder rod, its a nice slim blank and theres some power in the lower part of the rod,
I'm going to try and catch a few bream on it tomorrow I hope Southfield fishing , will let you know what I think to the rod
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hope you have a few tugs daveyboy :thumsup
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

They do look very nice DB. How much are they going for, if you don't mind ??

I'm a bit old school, I still use Daiwa Amorphous Whisker 11/13 Stillwaters. Got 2 of them. (And the rest of the range also) Don't think her indoors would be best pleased if I said I'd be swapping them for 2 Drennans.
daveyboy

Hi Arch, I get a discount at the tackle shop I use ,but the rrp is £189

Any way I arrived at Southfield resivour just before 8 am and was the first there, so obviously it was not fishing to well, 30 minutes later I was rearing to go, a 30 gr feeder was cast out ,I clipped up at 60 turns on my 4012 this was with the 2 ounce tip in rod, so with out measuring the distance I would say 50 mt ish, the rod coped with that really well, there seems to be plenty of power in the think blank, after filling the feeder and casting for the first time bang on the clip with no problems as you would expect.
I looked at my watch at 10 20 am and wondered if I would get a bite, after another cast the tip went round bream on, the rod handled the 3. 1/2 bream easily, although theres plenty of power in the bottom half of the rod the top half of the rod is very forgiven , I could feel every nod of the bream, 10 minutes later bream number two in the net this one was about 3 lb again I never felt like I would lose the fish this rod as been very well thought about and I suppose the 18 months in the making, all the addition tweeking etc has been worth it
As for the two ounce tip( the lightest of three tips with the rod) I personally thought it would be to heavy I ordered a 1. 1/2 ounce tip whilst I was in the shop, but the two ounce tip was spot on the first bit was a proper pull round, the second one was just a 1/4 inch twitch,
I was hoping to get a few more bites and fish of different sizes, so it looks like I will have to go back and have another play.
I am more than happy with the rod,and it makes both my drennan medium feeder and the 13 ft im8 feeder redundant as from today
I wonder if I can sneak another in the house :)
daveyboy

Does anyone else own either the 10 or 12 ft feeder rod?