If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Elastic

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Andy hodgess
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas Bennetts

Elastic

Unread post by Andy hodgess »

Just a quick question,when elasticating top kits,what would your advice be? top two's or top three's?.Mainly for fishing rivers..
Botty
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Learn to fish - watch me !! ;)
Match Team/ Club: Sportsman A.A.

Elastic

Unread post by Botty »

Hi
Well my understanding is:

A top 3 kit is sometimes called a 'match kit', I would mainly use this on canals or pools where I would expect to catch small fish with small baits and hope for perhaps the odd big fish.
A top two kit is sometimes referred to as a 'power kit' as the name suggests it is more powerful in that it can take a bigger diameter elastic and as such is designed for bigger fish i.e. carp, bream etc. in lakes.

So the choice is yours really - if you wish to target small fish with small baits a top 3 would be my choice - but if you are after the larger fish with bigger baits then a top two kit would be my choice. 

As I say - this is MY opinion, others may think differently
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Elastic

Unread post by joffmiester »

Hi Andy
I have a sensas pole when you say top three i take you mean the smallest section of the pole that you often have to cutback .
For canals and small fish i us that section and the next one from 1,2,3,
for bigger fish i take this section out and use the second and third section i also use these two sections for all my River top kits again 3,4,5 and 8 for bonus fish .
Andy hodgess
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas Bennetts

Elastic

Unread post by Andy hodgess »

Thanks gent's,i've been using match top two's in the past with 3,4,5 elastics 6,8 on match top three's,had no problems with them.Don't use my power tops.Just want to make sure i have no problems during up and coming sensas matches. :)
daveyboy

Elastic

Unread post by daveyboy »

Top three for me as well, the only sizes I use are, 4,5 and 6 elastics
Markus

Elastic

Unread post by Markus »

For me It's top 2 (around 1.2m) for silvers. Never had a problem. What could be done is elasticate top 3 for baggin situations when fishing for big silvers/bream. Then put your elastic under more tension. Smaller fish can be landed fast and you have some extra elastic for the bigger fish.