If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

About to chuck it in.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Stevo4eva

About to chuck it in.

Unread post by Stevo4eva »

Guys,
What hook style / size / make and line (hooklength) make and diameter would you recommend for bagging up on my local canal (Staffs - Worcester BAA sections). I use bread / pinkies / maggotts without much success using size 18 fine wire and .10mm diameter fished on the bottom but my catches are dior! I am a little frustrated to say the least. I was hoping to fish a few matches but at my present rate I would be laughed at when weighing in.
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

About to chuck it in.

Unread post by macca »

start off by reducing your hook size for bread and pinkie size 22 or 20 B511, lower the diameter of your line o.6 to 0.8,
for caster 0.10 is fine however thestaffs worc is full of chub in some parts so if you fish over I would step up your line if there are any snags.
Stevo4eva

About to chuck it in.

Unread post by Stevo4eva »

Thank you macca. I will give it a try - my confidence is at an all time low at present :-[