If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sensas challenge final

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Sensas challenge final

Unread post by joffmiester »

sorry this is way too late unfortunately i've been really busy for the last two weeks .Ive been trying to post this a number times still here we go

THE SENSAS CHALLENGE FINAL river soar
As you all might of gathered the fishing was not the best yes its a natural venue and yes it was always going to be a gamble . For a event like this you are asking a lot from a winter River to take the pressure of hundreds of anglers practicing . we did see fish caught 40,50,and 60lb of bream in practice and other areas roach fed . the problem was clear to see the fish were still very tightly shoaled up making other areas very hard .

Myself and MarkD pegged the water out several times as teams dropped out then we had one extra at the last minute .i wasn't fishing because of the fact running around for 140 anglers a day takes some doing .still the Friday night before the big event the fishing had gone really hard all over the river . Head in hand i was worried even to the existent of moving some sections to the canal . After questioning quite a few captains the answer was clear they had come to fish a river not a canal . So time for a beer i thought when i get a phone call Jean Desque had to pull out due to reoccurring back problem and asked me to fish . well that didn't take long to answer yep no problem it was then straight home to get my gear ready no preparation and no practice . On the Saturday morning the team was waiting Sensas 28
Eric Lubin, Christophe Noualhier, Alain Dewimille and non other than Wil Raisin as Gilles Caudin could not travel this year .

MarkD Brian Hull and myself started taking the money and doing the draw which is not the easiest job in the world . All said and done it was time for us to get to our pegs . Jean had drawn me a end peg 28 on the deeps the only problem i had it had not been practiced on because of the access via a private road . i had drawn next to Matt Godfrey as we set up Matt said he had'nt had a fish in practice
so on his first put in a 350g skimmer was more than welcome for the next two and half hours we all sat there bite-less until my flat float dipped and a welcomed roach came to the net . i then had to wait until the 15 minutes for my next bite a perch and then the very next put in another perch . boom 2nd in section to Matt who also had another roach at the death . 5 out of 14 caught fish
On the team front Barnsley had walked it with a staggering 9 points Starlets 2nd Trentmen 3rd Sensas north 4th and sensas France 5th so not all lost after day one

The second day
after a team talk in french which was a new one for me Jean explained about light rigs and to fish for a BITE we need 5 catches to move up in the results
My draw was again the low numbers on Barrow deeps a peg ive fished time and time again so quite confident in catching a fish . Jean Desque had come down to the peg and chatted about the conditions all well and good but a 0.4 in 10 ft of water !! still i did set on up . It was another slow start and next to me was Adey Whittle who reminded me of the last time we drew next to each other we both blanked !!!!. after going from A to Z float float 1.5 gram floats 1 gram rigs even ago on a waggler nothing . so i had nothing to loose and picked up the light rig which i had set about 6inch off the bottom . two or three runs down i was thinking how can this be right when suddenly it went under Booom a roach i had 7 in the next 20 minutes then nothing Adey had done the same but just beat me for the section plus a rouge perch had pushed me into 3rd . still a 5 point total wasn't a bad total and i was just hopping the team had done as well .
Starlets had 14 points Barnsley had slipped a little as did trentmen and Sensas North so when our total of 16.5 came up we knew we had a chance of a medal .
Barnsley had done enough just to hold on by 1.5 points Starlets 2nd and we had made 3rd overall to say made up it was a brilliant moment to stand in such good company . There are very few English Anglers that get the chance to fish for Sensas28

CHAMPIONS BARNSLEY

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Sensas challenge final

Unread post by joffmiester »

3rd SENSAS 28

here's individual Matt godfrey