If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Question.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Daylewlia
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Roach must live on their own.

Question.

Unread post by Daylewlia »

A couple of weeks ago I went for a walk along the towpath while there was a match on. It was a few hours in and it was hard going when I stopped to watch somebody for a bit, after a quick ' hello, any good ?' from me the angler replied " says something when you've got to go for perch ". He didn't seem too happy so I never asked for an explanation. So my question is - what did he mean ?
It was a team match if that makes any difference.
Don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Question.

Unread post by Ian_baker »

Hi I was fishing that match. Think I remember you coming along a few times.In coventry it can be brilliant when your on roach and the usual sign is catching them early 10-15lb is very common.When you catch a perch in your 1st few puts it generally means it's going to be a hard day and prob will only catch perch pat of the day. The match in question was very hard and a few perch would of got good team points as the roach never really fed due to the frosts and colour from previous day's rainwater going in.Hope this helps in some way others may have different reasons.Was you the guy that wanted to fish next match over there and I sent you to the organiser?
Daylewlia
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Roach must live on their own.

Question.

Unread post by Daylewlia »

Yes mate, I didn't get a chance to speak to Pat but I'll give him a ring.

Going back to my question - is it not possible to catch big weights of perch or is it easier catching roach ?
Don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Question.

Unread post by Ian_baker »

For some reason on that canal the big weights are always roach/skimmers and I've never seen a big weight of perch though others may say different.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Question.

Unread post by bill yards »

Hi I was fishing that match. Think I remember you coming along a few times.In coventry it can be brilliant when your on roach and the usual sign is catching them early 10-15lb is very common.When you catch a perch in your 1st few puts it generally means it's going to be a hard day and prob will only catch perch pat of the day. The match in question was very hard and a few perch would of got good team points as the roach never really fed due to the frosts and colour from previous day's rainwater going in.Hope this helps in some way others may have different reasons.Was you the guy that wanted to fish next match over there and I sent you to the organiser?

Ian,
I think you have got it absolutely spot on there. Perch definitely miss out 'spawning' years. Sometimes three years on the bounce and sometimes never. I haven't a clue why and I don't think anyone else has. It can happen on different stretches of the same canal, it can also happen on rivers but funnily nobody seems to associate that with rivers.

:-X :-X :-X :-X
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Question.

Unread post by sven »

The zander have ate all the perch.
:thumsup