If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Any advice would be helpful

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Ben
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Ben »

My brother has had a stroke and recently come out of hospital. When we were younger we went fishing with my dad but he stopped going. I have told him that i am going to take him fishing again but would like some advice if possible off somebody who may have experience he can walk with a stick but i think he will be better using his own wheelchair when fishing. His sight is limited and he cannot use his one hand. Which may make things difficult. I am canal angler and dont like puddles at all as some folks maybe aware. But i am thinking a puddle might be a good idea to start with. Any advice would be great and very much appreciated we live in dudley thanks.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Best advice i can give Ben is to look on fisheries websites as some really cater well for impaired with proper wheelchair access and pegs whereas others are not quite as good
Fishing is a great way to recover and i think it can only help your brother Image
One place that comes to mind is Barston on one side of the lake you can park behind your peg packington is another well established fishery both have websites
Barston is west midlands golf course and angling and the other is packington sommers fisheries
hope this helps both waters have a good head of bream and silverfish so it's not all about Carp Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Ben, lots of commies round here provide parking behind pegs, but my only concern is being unable to use two hands full may make life difficult when tackling mental commie carp. There are a few local stretches of canal round here where you can more or less park adjacent to the canal (Wyrley Essington, Staffs and Worcester) where a short walk can put you on a level peg, and a bit of whip fishing would be far easier for him to handle.
I am sure if you PM TK he would sort you out a "cheap ticket".
Good luck mate, and I think it is a brilliant idea of yours to get your brother back on the bank. Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ben, lots of commies round here provide parking behind pegs, but my only concern is being unable to use two hands full may make life difficult when tackling mental commie carp. There are a few local stretches of canal round here where you can more or less park adjacent to the canal (Wyrley Essington, Staffs and Worcester) where a short walk can put you on a level peg, and a bit of whip fishing would be far easier for him to handle.
I am sure if you PM TK he would sort you out a "cheap ticket".
Good luck mate, and I think it is a brilliant idea of yours to get your brother back on the bank.  Image Image

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hi Ben, had a text off Big Col who suggests 'Calf Heath, along the slabs, its flat and no walking only 25 quid a year u catch close in a lot of silvers, its just off the M6'